As was the case with HTML Beginner Tutorial, the CSS Elementary Tutorial is based on the assumption that your knowledge of CSS is no bigger than what you know about how the the brain chemistry of Germanic
ammonites is affected by sea squirt discharge. The intention of this guide is to teach the mere basics- just enough to get beginner’s information. The CSS Intermediate Tutorial and CSS Advanced Tutorial say more about the specifics of CSS.
CSS, or Cascading Styles Sheets, is how HTML is presented. While the HTML describes the content, the style sheet specifie what that document will look like.
Styles don’t resemble HTML structure, they use a format of ‘property: value‘ and majority of properties can be used for most HTML tags.
- Applying CSS – How to apply CSS to HTML.
- Selectors, Properties, and Values – The elements of CSS.
- Colours – Application of colour.
- Text – Manipulating the size and shape of text.
- Margins and Padding – Spacing things out.
- Borders – Erm. Borders. Fings wot go around fings.
- Putting It All Together – Preparing a spicy dish of all above ingredients.